Strawberry Pie Filling
4 Cups Sugar
1. slice strawberries into large chunks. Place strawberries in a large bowl and cover in sugar. Place in the refrigerator for an hour.
2. While the strawberries are chilling fill your canning pan with water and bring to a rolling boil. While the water is boiling thoroughly wash all of your jars and lids.
3. Add strawberry mixture to a large pot. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Still frequently. Continue to stir liquid and strawberries for 15 to 20 minuets. When mixture begins to thicken turn off heat.
4. Skim the foam off of the top of the pot. You can save to eat or discard.
5. Transfer strawberries into jars. Then dump the remaining liquid on top of the strawberries.
6. Seal Jars and move them into the water bath. Allow to boil for a minimum of 10 minuets.
7. Remove jars and let sit for 12 hours. If seals remain down after 12 hours they are ready to store in your pantry.